Intermediate SilverStripe Developer
We are looking for an intermediate developer to join our team in Wellington. We want you for your skills, confidence, enthusiasm and collaborative attitude. We will offer you a phenomenal mix of projects, an exciting environment and chances for growth in your careers.
This is a fulltime role in Wellington.
It's essential that you can demonstrate front and backend experience.
You will be part of the development team helping shape and deliver websites and web applications for our clients, delivering large and small projects for commercial and government clients. We build outstanding user interfaces for websites, mobile and applications that tackle meaningful problems and are tailored for the users that will benefit the most from those projects.
We expect you to partner with other team disciplines to ensure a fantastic user experience in the final product, working alongside client teams or third-party developers and participating in preparing requirements and specification documentation.
We have a range of support engagements, and you will be working alongside our Project Managers and our clients to prioritise and address those with the greater objectives and long-term view of our projects in mind.
- You have 3-5 years of experience with PHP frameworks, OO PHP
- You've worked on a few projects using Silverstripe, and other CMSes too
- You've used other technology stacks and built a project or two in an obscure framework
- You have experience using module bundlers and task runners (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack, Fusebox)
- You bring knowledge of accessibility best practises
- You've used source control systems
- You have confidence ability to debug and complete tasks efficiently
- You're good at communicating (both in person and writing) and considering others' points of view
- You have an eye for detail and pride in the quality of our work
- You are passionate about working with designers, testers and other areas of DNA
- You have some scars from previous projects, and a couple of “That was a mistake!” stories to tell
- You're always reading up on new methodologies to improve your skills
Can you please provide code samples, links to commit on open source projects, your portfolio or GitHub profile with your CV? We won't consider applications without at least one of these.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Send us your CV including previous web development experience and examples.
Contact John Milmine for more detail.
No recruiters please – we'll come to you when we need you.