User Experience / Interaction Designer / Auckland
We are looking for an experienced UX / Interaction designer to join our team in the research, design and delivery of digital experiences across multiple touch points.
Fancy working with and learning from some really talented people on challenging, meaty projects as part of an established, industry-leading team? DNA is a leading design and digital agency creating desirable customer-centered experiences across a range of organisations, channels and touchpoints. We are specialists at connecting customer needs and goals with business challenges.
We need designers keen to embrace challenge, risk, and experimentation across research and design. Crucially, you’ll be excited to explore how elegant interaction design solutions can support our clients’ customers tasks, and balance these with commercial needs. Some very meaty challenges lie ahead. With us, you’ll aim high, and be given the support to do so.
You will have experience in designing for all digital channels including large scale complex applications.
- Using your brain and thinking big. We’re looking for thinkers and makers with an eclectic approach. The UX designers at DNA bring lots of tools to the table and we support a mix of established and experimental design techniques
- Solving difficult problems for real people by defining interaction patterns, information architecture, user flows, scenarios, and conceptual prototypes
- Identifying and executing design improvement opportunities, translating customer insights into high-quality, interaction design components
- Rapidly building and exploring multiple design solutions to user problems for our clients, while championing quality and craftsmanship of our work
- Taking a variety of projects through from conception to completion, developing your designs from research insights gathered alongside our in-house researchers
- Representing the culture and integrity of DNA in a range of environments e.g. client relationships, conferences and various external engagements
- Actively collaborating with your teammates and clients from different design and development disciplines to achieve highly functional digital experiences that will meet our clients’ customer and business needs
- Liaising and working with internal teams, external agencies and third parties
- Documenting design specifications to support design consistency and efficiencies
- Helping to shape, build and enhance team culture
What we will provide you
- An established, close, team of supportive senior designers and colleagues who can help mentor and support your learning and career progression
- Collaboration with a smart, dedicated and awarded team where everyone around you wants to achieve and create great work, in an environment where creativity, innovation and collaboration are fostered
- Exposure to leading human-centred design methodologies and practice
- Grow your knowledge of UX, psychological principles and human behavioural biases to help steer your design work, and helping others in the business clearly understand your rationale. We’ll support you in learning to balance this pragmatically with client commercial needs, and become a stronger designer
- Interesting and varied work across a diverse group of clients where the focus is firmly on the quality of thinking to drive solid success outcomes for our clients’ customers and their businesses, which we call ‘effect’
- Deliverables in this role will include your problem-solving and design craft, and applying these in collaboration with teammates from other disciplines
- Helping to gather user feedback on your designs-in-progress, and iterate, with the background support and some direction from your dedicated Design Research teammates
- There will be a lot of whiteboarding and sketches, and we’ll grow your abilities in knowing when to push the boundaries of your design solution vs when to lean back. You’ll deftly balance short and longer term project design goals.
- Support in selling and explaining your design decisions with a clear, straightforward, logical rationale, basing your work on evidence, which includes your expertise gained direct in the field. You will be able to support your decisions with enthusiastic clients and senior stakeholders.
- Flexible working hours
- A great working environment
What we’re looking for
- You’ll have at least 3+ years’ commercial experience as a UX, Interaction Designer or Information Architect – and will have delivered or contributed to numerous UX design projects
- You’ll be a craftsperson, with a portfolio demonstrating your design process from sketch work to flows and beyond. You’ll clearly frame your contribution to solving UX problems – and will call out your role within the wider team you worked with. Nobody ships alone.
- You’ll ideally have a track record of delivering design improvements alongside more senior teammates, driving measurable positive impact on user satisfaction and commercial success
- You’ll be a naturally outgoing, positive, curious, enthusiastic, collaborative person and will want to grow within our team and the fast-paced environment at DNA
- You’ll be a strong communicator, and will provide ‘the gloss’. You may be delivering complex findings in easily understood and actionable ways by your clients, who include the leadership teams at many of the biggest companies in New Zealand and beyond. (Your senior teammates at DNA will help you with this!)
- You’re able to speak with developers and will have some familiarity with their world and challenges – but you will not be expected to write code!
- People come to UX from lots of backgrounds, and we’re open to all good UX Designers, whatever route they’ve taken to find the perfect role with us.
- UX at DNA is friendly, no-ego, international and diverse team and we’re actively looking to grow its diversity further with the right new teammates. Say hello if you think that might be you.
The successful candidate will be joining some serious talent within DNA working on a rich portfolio of client projects in both public and private sectors. If you think you are at the top of your game, or determined to get there, we are interested in hearing from you.
Does this sound like you?
Please send us an email including your CV, references and samples of your work to Julie Tarrant.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this opportunity.
No recruiters please – we'll contact you directly.