Senior Digital Designer
We are looking for a Senior digital designer to join our team who is skilled, experienced, confident, enthusiastic and collaborative. Its essential that you are experienced and able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate and bring design leadership to projects. As an integral part of the design team you will be designing customer-centred experiences for platforms, applications and mobile.
DNA is a leading design thinking and digital agency. We solve large scale and complex problems that deliver efficient and compelling customer interactions – by harnessing customer intimacy and digital innovation. As designers we create desirable customer-centred experiences as we work across a range of organisations in public and private sector. We specialise in balancing customer needs and goals with meeting business objectives. We execute in platforms, applications and across integrated channels and touch-points.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Designer to work alongside our other Visual Design and Experience Design team members on the development of new and existing digital solutions, that deliver engaging and effective experiences.
You will have experience in designing for a range of digital platforms including mobile and responsive websites, plus creating customer interfaces for large scale complex applications.
You will be fluent in navigating the competing demands in projects of customer, business and technology requirements. In this role you’ll be working with research in to the services people use, environments they are in, the devices they use, the ways, times and places they use them.
You love problem solving and delivering across a spectrum; from conceptual development through to detailed visual and UI design, with consideration for content and interaction design elements, and executing the experience in efficient, well documented and award winning ways.
This is a full-time role in Wellington.
- Creating high-quality, on-brand and user focussed experiences in a timely and efficient manner
- Championing quality and craftsmanship of our work
- Contributing to the scoping, planning, solution definition and execution of projects
- Actively collaborating with Experience Designers and Front End Developers to achieve a highly polished deliverables
- Identifying and executing design improvement opportunities
- Contributing to the the optimisation and effect of platforms and applications ongoing
- Documenting design specifications to support design consistency and efficiencies.
What we would like to see
- An excellent communicator and team player who can empathise with users and has a genuine desire to make their lives better through great design
- 5+ years of digital design with compelling user interface design experience
- Demonstrative experience in visual design
- Flexibility in approach to deliver a range of successful outcomes
- You are keen to work on complex and large scale projects
- A portfolio of award winning digital work
- Confidence with clients as well as the emotional intelligence to successfully navigate relationships
- Constructive attitude towards work delivery and team culture
- Passion for collaborating and contributing your unique point of view
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision
- You understand and keep pace with changing technology requirements and evolving experience concepts
- High attention to detail, delivering consistency and ‘finished’ files through to developers.
What we offer
- To be part of a team where creativity, innovation and collaboration are fostered
- Collaboration with a smart, dedicated and awarded team where everyone around you wants to achieve and create great work
- A range of challenges and portfolio of clients that enable us to do award winning work
- Exposure to the leading processes and approach to CXD (Customer Experience Design) around
- Interesting and varied work across a diverse group of clients where the focus is firmly on the quality of thinking to drive real effect
- Flexible working hours (no, really, we do)
- A great working environment, with a decent coffee machine and a rich music collection
- A close team environment grounded in a culture which is open, supportive and fun
- Capability development within your role
- A well led, managed and well supported business with a clear value proposition and strategy.
The successful candidate will be joining some serious talent within DNA working on a rich portfolio of client projects in both public and private sectors. If you think you are at the top of your game, or determined to get there, we are interested in hearing from you.
Does this sound like you?
Please send us an email including your CV, references and samples of your work to Josh Burt
No recruiters please – we'll come to you when we need you.