Experience Designer / Auckland
DNA is on the hunt for Experience Designers to join our growing multidisciplinary team delivering research, strategy and designed experiences – helping create a strategic advantage for some of New Zealand’s leading companies seeking to transform themselves.
Experience Design at DNA is centred around the study of human behaviour in context and the design of insightful, holistic strategies and solutions that satisfy latent and unmet needs.
Experience Designers use design thinking and design-specific capabilities to translate insights into transformative experiences, products and services. They serve as an important human-centered catalyst within multidisciplinary delivery teams (including Visual Designers, UX Designers, Interaction Designers, Product Managers, Design Researchers, Developers and more) to create strategic advantage.
We have entered a period of increasing disruption of business models – driven by a rapid change in the capability of technology and the speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future – companies are deliberately transforming themselves by challenging established models of delivering customer value – with new ideas fuelled by technology.
DNA is a leading design and digital consultancy defining and creating desirable human-centered experiences that enables organisations to transform themselves.
As an Experience Designer you will:
- Conduct ethnographic research development and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviours, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Ensure research activities deliver quality insight and be able to design research activities to mitigate risks inherent in a fast-paced environment
- Able to plan, design, execute and coordinate research activities across programmes of work
- Assist in analysing research results and develop quality actionable insights
- Provide empathy, listening and observation skills as well as recognise behavioural patterns
- Bring the research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories, scenarios, infographics and service models
- Facilitate ideation sessions and support workshop preparation as well as immersion sessions with multidisciplinary teams
- Generate experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and physical products or services in cooperation with Experience Designers, UX Designers, Product Managers and Developers
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is consistent with consumer insights and strategy
- Help shape, build and enhance team culture
What we will provide you:
- An established, close, team of supportive, senior designers and researchers and colleagues
- Collaboration with a smart, dedicated and awarded team where everyone around you wants to achieve and create great work, in an environment where creativity, innovation and collaboration are fostered
- Interesting and varied work across a diverse group of clients where the focus is firmly on the quality of thinking to drive solid success outcomes for our clients’ customers and their businesses
- Opportunity to work with clients in both New Zealand and Australia
- Flexible working hours
- An open, creative and energetic working environment
As an Experience Designer you will need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in ethnographic research, designing experiences and building products
- Degree in Design, Business, Psychology, Strategy, Marketing or equivalent qualification
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- An understanding or experience working within or facilitating Design Sprints
- Expertise or experience in a wide variety of research methods including ethnographic research, in-depth interviews, observational studies, user testing – and be able to plan research to deliver insight through strategy and design.
- Positive, curious, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude – and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in a startup, tech company or agile environment is a plus
- General understanding of business models and economics and their application
We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds who have experience in some or all of the areas outlined in this job description – however they must have had actual experience working in business or with clients.
The successful candidate will be joining some serious talent working on a rich portfolio of client projects in both public and private sectors. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world – at the top of your game or determined to get there – we are interested in hearing from you.
If this sounds like you – send us an email including your CV, references and samples of your work to Julie Tarrant.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this opportunity.
No recruiters please – we'll contact you directly.