Generating better engagement and revenue from digital channels.
New Zealand Rugby / Team All Blacks
Experience Design / Digital Strategy
- Read about the challenge, solution and result
- Image gallery
Team All Blacks gets fans closer than ever before – on and off the field. The site is designed to drive subscriber registration and build logged in content as part of along term strategy in digital. To uphold revenue share in negotiations with TV and key sponsors, a direct subscriber base needed to be built.
This activity was set to align with the strategic integration of all international teams, (All Black Sevens, Black Ferns, U21), delivered in one unified experience.
- Strategy and roadmap: Design research clarified opportunity and offer shape, identifying unique content became the revenue focal point
- Proof of concept: Presented validated prototype to enable clarity on what content and access could be monetised
- Informed by insight: Customer empathy/testing tuned value proposition, offer and brand
- Unique content: Players, coaches and management are creating content that can’t be found on main stream media
- Unique offers: Users get priority access to information, offers, merchandise and content
- Unique access: Content structure allows for endless discoverability, personalisation and experience.
- Massive surge in subscribers at launch
- Fan interaction and content sharing hits all time highs
- Global spread of fans broadened, engagement 'in season' is higher
- Millions follow Team All Blacks in dedicated social channels and as subscribed fans
- This is a fan’s haven – and fan heaven. It’s a place to lose yourself in all things All Blacks.
NB: Actual metrics are confidential.
The site is laden with rich content and access to offers not found anywhere else. Key features of the site we designed include:
- All Blacks TV: Behind the scenes videos, historical moments or games, pre and post match interviews, player diaries, legends stories and coaches insights.
- Match day: Live scores, stats and team info on game day to support users after a second screen experience or stuck at the in-laws for dinner.
- Insights: Filterable content letting users explore articles, news or interviews on their terms.
- Offers: Exclusive deals for being a member of Team All Blacks.
Team All Blacks captures the All Blacks spirit and the emotion of the game, allowing users to engage with all the aspects of the game they love – in their way, anytime and anywhere.
- See all case study images